Winter break is officially over and so is my downtime. You know what that means? It means that I’m back at it and am so excited to share all of the details on my playhouse remodel! I purchased THIS playhouse and was thrilled when I found out that they decided to make it in white (it only came as a dark wood before) saving me lots of time not having to paint the entire thing. The table, door, chalkboard and roof all came as a dark gray but I gave them a good painting to brighten them up.
Before I began assembling the playhouse, I wanted to get everything painted first. Here is everything I used!
- For the door + table I used THIS paint and color.
- I am unable to find it online but I used PPG Glidden paint in the color Antique Linen for the roof
- I used this cheap $10 PAINTBRUSH SET
- I also wanted to change the mailbox flag and the chalk board to try and match the roof so THIS was the spray paint I used.
- THIS is the spray paint I used for the numbers and door handle
DECORATIONS + TOYS/ PLAYFOOD
- ADDRESS NUMBERS
- WOODEN HOOKS– come in a set of 2 for $11
- MARKET BAGS – come in a set of 2 for $15
- TOY POPSICLE SET
- KITCHEN PANS + ACCESSORIES
- FELT STRAWBERRIES
- CRACKABLE EGGS
- LARGE WHITE VASE
- BOUGHT THIS COLORFUL TOY MIXER
- TOY DISHES
- SIMILAR RUG
Once the painting was done, it was time to assemble the playhouse and I was so excited! I could not wait to get it all put together so that I could officially see the finished product.
AMAZON LIST dedicated just to this playhouse with some cute toy food, rug, play mixer, these wooden hooks and market bags + more!
I finally finished everything and could not wait for the kids to see! The hardest thing was that I had it hidden over at my parents neighbors house and needed to get it to my backyard Christmas Eve night. Luckily my brothers and parents live close so we called in all the man power we could find and they lifted it over some walls, drove it over, and placed it perfectly on our back patio.
Christmas morning came and the kids opened every present. I found one present left and on the box it said, “Ho ho ho! Run to the backyard for a BIG surprise! Love, Santa”. The kids ran out back and were so excited. Well, Milo was at least. Ruck was just excited about his new Nerf guns but now he loves to play in it. Raen is also a big fan so it was the perfect Santa gift for everyone to enjoy!